WRITTEN ENGLISH training THROUGH email // EZHILARASAN VENKATACHALAM

Friends,  A lady  sent an email asking my help to improve her English in VERY POOR ENGLISH.

Please see the SAMPLE REPLY email that I sent to her. Copy given below (but name changed).
..

READ, RELISH, SHARE
படிக்க,  சுவைக்க,  பகிர..
Ezhilarasan Venkatachalam.
ENGLISH TRAINING THROUGH TAMIL
Salem, South India
==========================

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 13:13:45 +0530 Thenmozhi Kumaresan <pqrstu@gmail.com> wrote

>Hello Sir,
Good Noon!
Have seen your video in youtube.

BETTER ENGLISH / MY COMMENTS
=== I have seen a few videos of yours in youtube. They are nice, Sir.

As mentioned reaching you for the same purpose.
 BETTER ENGLISH / MY COMMENTS

=== This is your first contact with me. So you should not use the phrase "as mentioned". If you had already told me something, then you may use "as mentioned"

=== The phrase "for the same purpose" displays an authoritative attitude. Avoid it with guru or seniors.

===Use as many "Sir" or "Madam" as possible.
=== In Tamil we can easily use suffix. "innga" for respect. But there is no equivalent in English. Use "Sir" or it will seems like "VADA PODA" ENGLISH i.e. "bad manners" English.

Vannga, uttkarunga, saringa.
வாங்க, உட்காருங்க, சரிங்க..

I would required to improve my grammar and effective email communication from you.

BETTER ENGLISH / MY COMMENTS
== Sir, I need your help to improve my English grammar and written English skills through email.
==="would require" is correct not "would required"

Note : "I want water" is harsh or poor English. "Can I have some water?" is better and pleasing.
(If you change a sentence as a question, it becomes "pleasing" automatically).

=== I need your help to improve my written English through email, Sir.

So request you to revert back with further solution.

BETTER ENGLISH / MY COMMENTS
=== So I request you to revert.
=== revert means "come back" so "revert back" is wrong.
===We have not discussed any "problem" so  there is no need for "solution" or "further solution"
*** Sir, I very badly need your support to improve my written English through email.
Please tell me what I should do. How I should pay the fees to you?  Explain your terms and conditions, if any.

Thanking you and eagerly waiting for your email.

Kindly request you to reach my number 98123 12345  (dummy number) for further discussion if needed.

BETTER ENGLISH / MY COMMENTS
===  Sir, please tell me your convenient time for me to call you.

=== You are a student or learner so telling GURU to call my number is VERY BAD MANNERS.

Thanks & Regards  Thenmozhi Kumaresan (name changed)

=== Generally we use "regards" in an official letter. For a guru or a senior faculty you should use more "obedient" or "pleasing" ending like...

1) a person longing to become your student NAME
2) a person longing to master my English with your help NAME
3) a person who wants to improve her English and make you proud soon, NAME

Ms.  Thenmozji Kumaresan, (name changed) I had already asked you to send me Rs.xxx for an ENTRANCE TEST over phone. Anyway, I had considered you as my daughter and send this SAMPLE email ... FREE OF COST. It may help you to decide about my REMOTE ENGLISH TRAINING method and quality

CAUTION :

1) I need to talk with a male member from your home (your dad or husband) before we start.
More details that I may need, I will tell later. Bye.

REPEAT : உங்களுடைய ஆங்கில எழுத்து புலமையை (WRITTEN ENGLISH) ஈமெயில் / WhatsApp வழியே மேம்படுத்த நான் தயார்.  உங்களுக்கு உண்மையாகவே என்னுடைய உதவி தேவை என்றால்..
.. நேரம் ....காலம் ...  ஃபீஸ் (முன் பணமாக) முடிவு செய்த பின் ஆரம்பிப்போம் ..
முதலில். SMS .அனுப்பவும்.
அல்லது WhatsApp 995266 0402
நன்றி... வணக்கம்.
ஆங்கில ஆசான், சேலம்.
எழில் அரசன்

READ, RELISH, SHARE
படிக்க  சுவைக்க  பகிர
Ezhilarasan Venkatachalam.
ENGLISH TRAINING THROUGH TAMIL
Salem, South India.
..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ulaganathan's ulaga neethi translation by EZHILARASAN

moothurai translation FREE ENGLISH THROUGH TAMIL EZHILARASAN

WRITTEN ENGLISH TRAINING through Tamil EZHILARASAN HINTS 0215